- I've had a problem with the mail server of my ISP and the poppy script that I used to check why the server was sending incorrect headers. The result is that I've lost 83 mails from the 30th of April at 18:02 until the 1st of May at 14:03 . If you've sent me a mail in that time frame or near, please resent it again.
- I'm still updating this page not very often, which means that I still don't have much free time. Anyway, there's something that I'd like to announce, since now it has been made public: We're organizing the KDE Akademy 2005 congress in Málaga (Spain). The exact dates are not yet known, but will be published as soon as possible. If you'd like to contribute (mainly if you're from Málaga), please contact me or Linux-Malaga
- Well, I've been busy in the last weeks, and will probably be even more in the next ones. Let's see all the things that happened since the last entry... First, I went on August to give a talk at the summer courses that the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid organizes about Linux. At the end of August, I went to the aKademy, the annual KDE conference/meeting, which was held this year at Ludwigsburg (Germany). The meeting is more and more interesting each year. And more recently, I'm quite busy at work, since I have started to do a PhD and I'm doing the CAP courses (CAP is a title you need in Spain to be a teacher in high school... not that I want to be one by now, but I wanted to get the title thinking on the future). As you may guess that doesn't leave me much free time. This is a typical schedule of my normal weeks lately.
- As usual, it has taken me some time to write something new around here. Since the significant changes in my life last January/February I've been travelling quite a lot (just on weekends I'm afraid :) ), mostly to visit good friends in other cities. The last travel on the contrary, was organized by the team of the Jornades de Programari Lliure at the UPC to give a talk about KDE development where I used a preview of my next visual development tutorial (which explains the SQL API, KIO, drag&drop, etc.). Of course, since it was the first time I was at Catalunya, I also did some tourism routes :). I had a very good time there as can be seen in the pictures
- It's been a long February, but it's been quite nice at the end. I've finished my studies, so I'm already a mathematician :) . Also I've been at the Open Source World Conference, held in the new congress center of Málaga, where I've given my 36th conference.
Also, I'd like to thanks Samuel and Bernardo for their help and friendship. They've been really good friends when I needed them.
- I've wanted to write an update to the tutorial for some time, but I didn't have the time. Fortunately, I've managed to get some time at this time of the year (btw, merry christmas and happy new year!). So here it is, a documentation fixing release of the visual development tutorial that you can get from here
- The KDE development tutorial has been translated to romanian! Get it from here.
I've been very busy lately and that's the reason I haven't been able to update much these pages. During August, I was at the "e;Universidad Autónoma de Madrid"e; giving a development talk in a summer course and at the KDE meeting in Nove-Hrady (Czech Republic) doing some development with many nice people from KDE. I've uploaded the photos I took from Madrid and you can see them in a new section for photographs. I'll upload some of the photos I took in Nove-Hrady after I finish the exams I have next week (whish me good luck! :) ).
- I've been having lots of problems lately with the memory of my computer which was broken and generated lots of crashes, system hangs, fs corruptions, etc. Fortunately, there are nice people around, and thru the adopt-a-geek project of Scott Wheeler I've received today a gift from KDE user Monickavasakan Narayanan: A new memory module to replace my broken one. Thanks a lot!
- I've finished a new tutorial that explains how to develop an application using visual tools like KDevelop and Qt/Designer. Have a good read at the visual tutorial page.
- Lots of things happened, but mainly I added a document where I explain the whole conspiracy behind the icon themes. You can find it here.
- New application to inaugurate my new pages :) : Localizer. I have put a lot of time into this application for Sharp/Trolltech's contest and I hope it wins one of the first prices :) . Up to now, it has already been considered "one of the best 10 submited apps in its category" (Business/Productivity)
- Finally, I got some time to update my pages and this is the result. I hope that you like the new look, which I find much more usable and modern (as well as easier for me to modify :) ) together with these changes, I've updated some of my applications which now run over KDE 3 (this includes a new version of the Tutorial, Kalamaris and KBillar).
- Made a small update to kbillar (now in 1.0.1) and the tutorial (html typos fixed, code unchanged)
- The KDE development tutorial 1.1.2 is now available here. It's a new version with some important updates.
- I've been making a new application in the last months, it's KBillar, in fact, it's not an application, but a billiard game quite different from the usual billiard games. Just check the screenshots for some eye-candy.
Btw, I'm still updating these pages less than I would want, but I'm afraid I don't have time for more, specially now that I'll have some exams. I'll finish them on the 20th of February, so I'll be back by then.
- These pages have not been updated for a long time, but that doesn't mean that nothing happened during the summer, in fact, lots of things happened:
- I received a netwinder machine (thanks to Rebel.com !) to test KDE and use it as presentation machine. It's a very small machine, with a StrongARM processor, 128 Mb ram and 10Gb HD.
- I was contracted by SuSE to work on KDE during the summer, so I've been in Nuernberg (Germany) for over a month doing nothing but KDE development. Currently, I'm a SuSE developer with a partial-time job, so that I can finish my studies of Mathematics at the University of Malaga)
- On August, Martin Konold and me gave a long tutorial at the Campus Party about KDE development.
- I studied for my exams in September that I'll finish tomorrow.
- Important: The "great" administrators in my isp deleted some of my mails from the server, so I've lost every mail from Sunday 23:15 until Monday 16:45 . If you sent me a mail around that time, please resend it again, and sorry about the problems. Yes, I'm going to change my ISP :( (I don't have to say that I don't recommend arrakis to anyone, do I ? )
- There's a new bugfix release of my KDE development tutorial, 1.1.2 . You must update it if you want to compile it with the latest KDE CVS sources.
- I've started exams today and I won't finish until July, so if you mail me, keep in mind that it may take some days to get a reply . Thanks for your understanding.
- Here it is, the application that everyone were waiting for : Kalamaris :-)
- Tomorrow is the day !
- I've made some bugfixing (and document-fixing :-) ) in the KDE development tutorial and felt it would be nice to release a bugfixing release.
- Btw, this page will host a revolutionary new application next week, stay tuned !.
- There's a new version of the KDE development tutorial, which includes a new chapter about KXMLGUI and some fixes to work with the latest KDE's cvs snapshots.
- Next week I'm going to be quite busy, as I'll give a talk at my university (on Tuesday afternoon, at 19:30 in the 1.0.1 class of the ETSII Informatica for those of you wanting to go :) ) and another one at Leon's university (on Thursday afternoon), so pardon me if I don't reply your mail soon.
- I've been somehow ill and busy the last few days, but I'm feeling better now . Also, next monday, I'll go to Madrid, where I'm going to give a couple of talks at the Expo-Linux 2000. I hope to meet you there :-).
- KMid is now a part ! This means it can be embeeded into Konqueror. Have a look at KMid's homepage to see a screenshot.
- I finished my exams last Friday :-), that means I'm back having some time to develop new and exciting applications now . Keep tuned !
- I've uploaded the first number of the bulletin of the round tables (only in Spanish)
- I've started my exams (in fact, I've already done three of them). If you want to write me a mail, and you think it can wait, please send it to me after the 25th,
- as I'm going to be very busy until then. Thank you :).
- I've released LibKMid 0.9.5, a MIDI library based on KMid's MIDI engine . You can now enable your application for MIDI file playing in just 5 simple lines.
- There could be problems with some parts of the tutorial, so I've released KDE Tutorial v1.0.2.
- Released KDE Tutorial v1.0.1 to fix a problem with the Makefiles.
- KDE Tutorial v1.0 released.
- New version of the scripts that update these pages .